GAMECOCK NATION IPAD GIVEAWAY CONTEST OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. ODDS OF WINNING WILL DEPEND ON THE TOTAL NUMBER OF ENTRIES RECEIVED. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. BY ENTERING THE GIVEAWAY, YOU AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES, WHICH ARE A CONTRACT, SO READ THEM CAREFULLY BEFORE ENTERING.
- ELIGIBILITY. The Gamecock Nation iPad Giveaway Contest (the “Giveaway”) is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and D.C. (excluding Rhode Island) who are at least 18 years of age, or the legal age of majority in entrant’s state of residence if older, at the time of entry. Owners and employees of Sponsor and their parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, and advertising agencies, and members of their owners’ and officers’ immediate family (spouses and parents, siblings, children and their spouses and in-laws) and persons living in the same household of such individuals, whether related or not, are ineligible to enter or win. The Giveaway is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited or restricted by law. Participation constitutes entrant’s unconditional agreement to these “Official Rules” and to Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Giveaway. An entrant is not a winner of any prize until entrant’s eligibility as the Giveaway winner has been verified, entrant has been notified that verification is complete, entrant has completed and submitted all required forms (including an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release, if required) and entrant has otherwise complied with the terms and conditions of these Official Rules.
- ENTRY PERIOD: The Giveaway will begin on Feb 1, 2021 at 5:00 pm ET and will end on March 31, 2021, at 12:00 pm ET (the “Entry Period”). All online entries must be completed by the entrant and/or received by Sponsor during the Entry Period. All mail-in entries must be postmarked by no later than the last day of the Entry Period. Sponsor’s computer is the official time keeping the device for the Giveaway.
- HOW TO ENTER VIA MAIL: Hand print your name, complete mailing address with zip code, daytime phone number, and email address on a 3” x 5” card and mail in an envelope to Comporium, Inc. Mail-in entries (each also an “Entry”) must be postmarked by March 31, 2021. No responsibility is assumed by Sponsor for lost, late, illegible, incomplete, mutilated, stolen, postage-due or misdirected mail.
GENERAL: BY SUBMITTING AN ENTRY, THE ENTRANT ACKNOWLEDGES THAT HIS/HER ENTRY MAY BE POSTED ACROSS ANY OR ALL OF THE SPONSOR’S DIGITAL AND SOCIAL ASSETS, AT THE SPONSOR’S DISCRETION. Submission of an Entry grants the Sponsor and its agents the right to publish, use, adapt, edit, publicly perform and/or modify such Entry in any way, in any and all media, including for use in advertising and marketing, without limitation, and without consideration to the entrant.
- ENTRY LIMIT; ODDS: Limit one (1) entry per person, regardless of the method of entry. All Entries submitted become the sole property of Sponsor. Entries will not be acknowledged or returned. Odds depend on the number of eligible Entries received.
- ENTRY GUIDELINES: By submitting an Entry, you agree that your submission is gratuitous and made without restriction, and will not place the Sponsor under any obligation. The Sponsor is free to disclose the ideas contained in the Entry on a non-confidential basis to anyone or otherwise use the ideas without any additional compensation to you. By acceptance of your submission, you acknowledge that the Sponsor does not waive any rights to use similar or related ideas previously known to the Sponsor, or developed by its employees, or obtained from sources other than you. The Sponsor reserves the right to, and may or may not, monitor/screen Entries. By entering, you acknowledge that the Sponsor has no obligation to use or post any Entry you submit.
As determined by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, Entries must comply with these Official Rules. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Entry that is accompanied by comments or posts which: (a) are sexually explicit or suggestive, unnecessarily violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group, profane or pornographic, or contain nudity; (b) promote alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing), any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous, or any particular political agenda or message; (c) are obscene or offensive, endorse any form of hate or hate group; (d) promote terrorist acts such as providing instructions on how to assemble bombs, grenades and other such weapons or provide instructional information about illegal activities; (e) defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging or slanderous remarks about the Sponsor, its customers or its products, or other people, products or companies; (f) contain trademarks, logos or trade dress owned by others (except the Sponsor’s), or advertise or promote any brand or product of any kind (except the Sponsor’s), without permission, or contain any personal identification, such as license plate numbers, personal names, e-mail addresses or street addresses; (g) contain copyrighted materials owned by others (including photographs, sculptures, paintings and other works of art, stills, or images published on or in television, movies, the Internet or other media, except such materials owned by the Sponsor) without permission; (h) contain background artwork, unless it is an original work of the entrant; (i) contain materials embodying the names, likenesses, photographs, or other indicia identifying any person, living or dead, other than the entrant, without permission; (j) communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which the Sponsor wishes to associate; (k) depict, and cannot itself, be in violation of any law.
ENTRIES POSTED TO FACEBOOK AND TWITTER WERE NOT EDITED BY THE SPONSOR AND ARE THE VIEWS/OPINIONS OF THE INDIVIDUAL ENTRANT AND DO NOT REFLECT THE VIEWS OF THE SPONSOR IN ANY MANNER. Any waiver of any obligation hereunder by the Sponsor does not constitute a general waiver of any obligation to entrants. The Sponsor reserves the right to waive the submission requirements set forth herein in its reasonable discretion.
- PRIZE: An iPad mini 4 128GB will be awarded. The approximate total retail value of the prize is $400.
There is no substitution, transfer or cash equivalent for the prize, and must be accepted as awarded, except that the Sponsor may, at its sole discretion, substitute any portion or all of a prize, with a prize of comparable value or cash. An IRS form 1099 will be issued in the winner’s name if required by law. Gift cards are subject to their applicable terms and conditions.
ALL PRIZES ARE AWARDED “AS IS” AND WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE).
- WINNER SELECTION: One potential winner will be selected in a random drawing conducted by Sponsor or its agent from all eligible Entries received during the Entry Period (and, for mail-in Entries, received during the five day period following the Entry Period). The drawing will occur on or about April 5, 2021, after the Entry Period ends.
- WINNER NOTIFICATION: The potential prize winner will be notified via email or telephone depending on the method of entry used by the potential winner in entering the Giveaway. If a potential prize winner does not respond to the notification within 24 hours of the initial attempt, he or she may be disqualified and the prize awarded to an alternate winner. The winner is subject to verification. Each potential winner will be required to provide Sponsor a valid physical mailing address (not a P.O. Box) within the time stated in the message notification. Potential winner may, at Sponsor’s discretion, also be required to complete and return to Sponsor an Affidavit of Eligibility/Release of Liability, and, if legally permissible, a Publicity Release, and a W-9 form (if prize value exceeds $600), within one (1) day of attempted delivery of same. If a potential winner fails to respond to any notification attempt within the time period specified by Sponsor, or if any attempted notification or prize delivery is returned as undeliverable, or if a potential winner fails to complete and return any required affidavit or release within the specified time period, the potential winner will be disqualified and an alternate winner selected from the remaining eligible Entries received.
- GRANT OF RIGHTS; PUBLICITY: Entry constitutes permission for Sponsor and its parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents and licensees to use the entrant’s name, likeness, voice and/or biographical information, in perpetuity, throughout the world, in all media and formats whether now or later known or developed, for commercial purposes (including, without limitation, advertising and Giveaway), without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
- RELEASE AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Sponsor their parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents, distributors, and licensees, and each of their respective owners, officers, directors, and employees, as well as Facebook and Twitter (collectively, the “Released Parties”), are not responsible, and will have no liability for, (a) late, lost, delayed, illegible, damaged, corrupted or incomplete entries, incorrect or inaccurate capture of, damage to, or loss of entries or entry information, or any other human or technical errors of any kind relating to the operation of any website or platform related to the Giveaway, communications or attempted communications with any entrant, the submission, collection, storage or processing of entries or the administration of the Giveaway, (b) undeliverable e-mails or messages resulting from any reason outside of the Released Parties’ control, (c) any damage to any computer system or mobile device resulting from participation in or accessing or downloading information in connection with this Giveaway; or (d) lost, delayed, destroyed, re-directed, or returned prizes or any portion of a prize (which prize or portion of a prize will not be replaced or re-sent). By entering, each entrant fully releases and agrees to hold each of the Released Parties harmless from and against any and all claims, liability, damages, and demands arising out of or relating to participation in the Giveaway, the Giveaway process, the acceptance, receipt, use, or misuse of any prize or prize component and/or any use of the winner’s name, likeness, voice and/or biographical information as permitted hereunder, including without limitation all claims, liabilities, damages, and demands based on any personal injury, property damages or loss or death. Entrants assume all liability for any injury or damage caused or claimed to be caused, by participation in this Giveaway, the use of the Twitter Site and Facebook Site, or the acceptance, receipt, use, or misuse of any prize or prize component. The Released Parties are not responsible for any typographical or other error in the promotion of the Giveaway, administration of the Giveaway or in the announcement of the prize. In no event will more than the stated number of prizes be awarded.
- DISPUTES: All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. By entering the Giveaway, each entrant agrees that (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Giveaway, or any prizes awarded, will be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards will be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Giveaway, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (c) under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain any award for, and by entering each entrant waives all rights to claim punitive, special, incidental or consequential damages and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrants or of Sponsor in connection with the Giveaway, will be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of South Carolina without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of South Carolina. Any legal proceedings arising out of or relating to this Giveaway or relating to these Official Rules will be instituted only in the federal or state courts located in the State of South Carolina, County of York, and the parties consent to jurisdiction therein with respect to any legal proceedings or disputes of whatever nature arising under or relating to these rules.
- WINNER’S NAME AND RULES REQUESTS: For the name of the winners, available after April 5, 2021, or a copy of these Official Rules, send an email to email@example.com with a subject line of “Gamecock Nation iPad Giveaway Contest Winner Name Request” or “Gamecock Nation iPad Giveaway Contest Rules Request,” as applicable, and include your specific request in the body of your email.
- SPONSOR AND ADMINISTRATOR: Comporium, Inc., 330 East Black Street, Rock Hill, SC 29730.
All Comporium trademarks are the property of Comporium, Inc.
This Giveaway is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with any other platform like Facebook or Twitter. Any questions, comments, or complaints regarding this Giveaway shall be directed to Sponsor and not to Facebook or Twitter.