iPhone Email Setup
1. Select the “Settings” option form the home screen of your iPhone.
2. Once in the settings section, select “Mail, Contacts, Calendars“.
3. Under “Accounts” select the “Add Account” option.
4. On the Add Account page select “Other”.
5. Select “Add Mail Account”
6. On the New Account screen fill in the details of your account as indicated:
Name: this is the name you wish to display when you send emails from your phone.
Address: your full email address.
Password: the password you created when you set the email account up.
Description: what you would like this account to be listed as in your iPhone’s email accounts list (i.e. – Personal, Extra, Home).
7. Once you have entered these details, select “Next”. The iPhone will now attempt to automatically retrieve the server settings, however this function will not work so they need to be added manually. The first step in configuring this is to select “IMAP” as the mail account type.
8. Scroll down the page and enter the following information:
Incoming Mail Server
Username: (this field should already be populated based on you entering these details earlier)
Password: (this field should already be populated based on you entering these details earlier)
Outgoing Mail Server
Username: says “optional”, but you MUST enter this information. Please enter your full e-mail address (eg. firstname.lastname@example.org)
Password: says “optional”, but you MUST enter this information
9. Once you’ve entered all the information, select the “Next” button. You will see a message that the system is verifying your settings at the top of the screen.
10You will be taken back to the Mail, Contacts, and Calendar screen. Click on the account that you have just created. Click on the account name again to make changes to the account. You will need to check your e-mail first prior to proceeding to the next step.
11. Select the “Advanced” option under Outgoing Mail Server. You will need to change your Mailbox behaviors to match the appropriate options. Click on the appropriate options to ensure the settings are as follows:
12. Draft Mailbox: Ensure that the “Drafts” folder is checked on the On the Server menu..
13. Sent Mailbox: Ensure that the “Sent” folder is checked on the On the Server menu.
14. Deleted Mailbox: Ensure that the “Trash” folder is checked on the On the Server menu.
15. Scroll down to Incoming Settings and change “Use SSL” to “ON” and change the “Server Port” to “993”.
16. Click on the “Account” icon in the upper left hand corner of your screen. Click on “smtp.comporium.net” under the Outgoing Mail Server. Click on “smtp.comporium.net” again under the Primary Server menu.
17. Under the Outgoing Mail Server, ensure that “Use SSL” is turned “ON” and change the “Server Port” to “587″. Your account is now ready for use.